- touch things - the leaves on the bush or the wall of the old building and really feel the interaction
- take a walk down the street without earbuds and try to notice as many sounds as possible, there is a whole orchestra in traffic
- food meditations - appreciation for the flavors and textures before devouring
- live life as the main character in a Studio Ghibli movie - romanticize the little things and see the wind dance joyfully through the grass
- go on a walk - romanticize the little things, see myself as a studio ghibli movie
- people watch or listen - eavesdropping by a better name. come up with wild stories for each human or object
- how high is the ceiling right now?
- carry a notebook around and write/doodle all of life’s gifts
- journal at a park
- I like parks
- live at parks, bring a blanket and a good book
- art museums as nourishment of the soul, not mind - focus on the feelings
- turning spaces into new places
- sitting at night and feeling the infinite expanse of not being able to see boundaries
- transform spaces with music and scents
- gesture drawings - 30 second sketches to capture the _essence _of a person
- blind contour drawings - don’t look at the page and release yourself from the shackles of perfection and give yourself permission to notice details
- make rubbings of objects. touch them. feel them.
- zoooooom in
- self portraits, but make them short and interpretive
- what did you eat today? write a poem in 10 minutes
- what sounds do the objects in your life make? find their rhythms - what do they sound like?
- interpretive dance - either to the music or picking an object and embodying it
- try to fill up as much room as possible with your body
- sit next to the practice rooms and listen to piano as you work
- sing your poems, say them out loud - what do they sound like?
- many theater exercises that focus on ~energy~
- counting up in a group
- group storytelling